About Burnham ParkBurnham Park is a popular public park located in the heart of Baguio City, Philippines. It is named after Daniel Hudson Burnham, the American architect and urban planner who designed the city. The park spans approximately 32.84 hectares (81.1 acres) and serves as a recreational hub for both locals and tourists. Here are some key features and attractions within Burnham Park:
- Burnham Lake: The centerpiece of the park is a man-made lake where visitors can rent paddle boats and rowboats. It's a serene spot to enjoy a leisurely ride on the water.
- Children's Playground: The park features a well-maintained playground area with various play equipment for children. It's a favorite spot for families to bring their kids and let them have fun.
- Skating Rink: There is an outdoor skating rink within Burnham Park where visitors can rent ice skates and glide across the ice. It's a unique attraction, especially in a tropical country like the Philippines.
- Athletic Bowl: The park includes an open field known as the Athletic Bowl, which serves as a venue for various sports activities, events, and gatherings. It's a great place for jogging, walking, or simply enjoying a picnic.
- Rose Garden: Burnham Park features a beautiful rose garden with a wide variety of roses in different colors. It's a lovely spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
- Picnic Areas: There are designated picnic areas within the park where visitors can set up their own picnic mats or rent cottages for a relaxing outdoor meal. It's a perfect place to enjoy the cool climate and scenic surroundings.
- Igorot Garden: The park also has an Igorot Garden, showcasing traditional Cordillera huts and sculptures. It offers visitors a glimpse into the indigenous culture and heritage of the region.
- Walking Paths: Burnham Park has well-paved walking paths that meander through the park, providing opportunities for a leisurely stroll or jog amidst the greenery and fresh air.